1. Turn off the power to the system and deactivate the pool pump before removing the Turbo Cell.
2. Remove the Turbo Cell. Once removed, look through the cell and inspect for scale formation (light colored crusty or flaky deposits) on the plates and for debris that is caught on the plates. If no deposits are visible, reinstall the cell.
3. If deposits are seen, use a high pressure garden hose to flush the scale off. If this is not successful, use a plastic or wood tool to scrape the deposits off the plates. Note: do not Use a mild acid wash when flushing and scraping will not remove the majority of deposits. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and appropriate eye protection. In a clean plastic container, mix a 4:1 solution of water to muriatic acid (one gallon of water to one quart of acid). Caution: ALWAYS ADD ACID TO WATER – NEVER ADD WATER TO ACID.
4. Fasten the Turbo Cell to Cell Cleaning Stand with the cord side down. Before filling Turbo Cell with muriatic acid solution, place a container underneath to avoid any spills. Fill the Turbo Cell to the top with the solution and let soak for 15 minutes. Empty the Turbo Cell and inspect. If clean, rinse with hose and reinstall. If there are still deposits after soaking, repeat the soaking procedure until clean. The water/muriatic acid mixture can be stored for later use or it can be disposed of. Follow the chemical manufacturer’s recommendations when storing or disposing the water/acid solution.
5. Reinstall Turbo Cell. Press the small diagnostic button next to the display for 3 seconds to stop the flashing Inspect Cell LED and reset the countdown timer for another 500 operational hours.